Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sustainability visit



(Click on the picture it was too big to fit)

Q-What is your name and role here at the farmers market?

A-My name is Leo Troast and I shop here at the farmers market, not this one but the one in OB.

Q-Why do you choose to shop here?

A-I love tastes of the food and the bigger variety of foods that I get to eat fresh.

Q-When did you first start coming here?

A-I first started going to my farmers market when i was about 10.

Q-Do you garden at home? Why or why not?

A-No I do not garden at home but I would love, the reason for that is that my front and back yard are covered by a deck.

Q-What would be your advice to get other to do what you do?

A-Well i think we just need to raise awareness about the farmers markets because most people don’t even know where their local farmers market is.

Q-Does anyone else in your family go to a farmers market?

A-Occasionally if they are in the area of one, they will go to it but not regularly.

Q-What is your stance on the sustainability topic?

A-I think that it is a good thing that we have groups of people like people that go to farmers markets that are helping the environment but I think that we just have to do what we can and if we can’t live sustainability then its no problem.

Q-How often do you visit farmers markets?

A-Well i try to go every Wednesday but sometimes i have to skip a week for unforeseen circumstances.

The farmers market was basically what i expected except it was a bit smaller then i expected. Basically everything expect for the fresh fruit was more expensive. everything else was just a little more expensive then what you can get at the supermarket. No i don't think i will go to a farmers market more i think that i will just keeping going hen i go and not change a thing. these locations fit because they are showing people how to live more sustainable and help their environment.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool. I wish I could go to a Farmer's Market every Wednesday. Good post, nice job on the three extra questions, and I completely agree with you. People need to become more aware of the farmer's markets around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said that people should just try to live more sustainably and if they can't, they can't. This makes sense to me because, as we saw in Food Inc., some people can't even afford to buy lettuce let alone organic and locally grown foods. I agree wholeheartedly that people should try their best to help preserve resources, but if they can't we shouldn't penalize them for not being able to.

    ReplyDelete